Friday, May 1, 2009

Office Refugee

Ever had one of those days? Well, I’ve had one of those weeks!

IMG00093

That’s the below ground loading dock at the building where I work – four hours after it stopped raining Tuesday morning. Initially it was up over the road, in the parking garage and over the road behind the garage. The basement was completely flooded destroying all the electrical and HVAC in the building. I’ve spent the past 4 days relocating roughly 350 people to the building next door where 350 extra people don’t really fit! Lets just say there’s a lot of wiring running across a lot of floor space (taped down for safety).

Thankfully the IT guys had a little extra room in their area for me to pop a squat! Not that I’ve had much time to use it.

Oh, and my coworker (from the flooded building) went on vacation this week. I really hope he’s having a good time in San Francisco!!!!!!

Random pics of the flooding aftermath. The first is of Mayde Creek Bayou over by the house. It was up over the bridge until around 7 Tuesday morning. The rest are from Westheimer Parkway through George Bush Park as I was driving home today.

IMG00094IMG00101 IMG00096 IMG00098

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness! What a disaster--but to coordinate the transfer of so many terribly disgruntled employees is a feat indeed!

btw, thanks for the birthday comment on FB! :)