Sunday, October 19, 2008

AAARRGH!!

It's only happened three times, but it's seriously annoying! Random people leaving anonymous comments on my blog that have nothing to do with my post.

Case in point is a comment posted by "Mike Knight" on my Hurricane Ike - Galveston post.

Mike Knight said...
I disagree, HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT do things like this because it hurts the feelings of the innocent bystanders like myself. I am deeply hurt and plan on suing if I do not get an immediate and resounding apology.I am just sick of people treating others like this, with a complete disregard for their feelings.
18 October, 2008 13:47


Um.....what?? Who? Why? Huh?

At first I thought he must have made a mistake, but how do you mistakenly leave a comment like that on a blog?

How did he find my blog?
Why was he reading it?
Is he just a troll out in bloggerland who's only goal is to leave stupid comments on strangers blogs?

Does anyone else get spam comments?

4 comments:

{McKenzie} said...

That is crazy. Your name isn't even Heather. I don't get spam comments, but I do get a lot of spam emails.

Heather said...

Well, I wondered if he was responding to my comment but since I didn't say I was doing anything... who knows. That is so weird! I thought that is what the verification thing was for.

Jeanette said...

I got some spam comments, but their content matched my post. I heard they were linked to viruses though. I guess you would know more about all that than I would. :)

Holly said...

Well, there you go. That is why my husband INSISTED that if I wanted a blog, it had to be private. But, the down side is very little validation in my postings. I visit Heather's blog and that is how I ended up here, at yours. Just in case you are wondering.

Holly