Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ten Years Ago Today

It was ten years ago today I returned home from my mission.  The photo below was taken just outside the front doors to the Salt Lake Temple the Monday before I left.  Sister Tipton and I were the only two going home that month.  On one hand it feels like a lifetime ago and on the other as though I just stepped off the plane.  I will definitely serve another mission in my old age.  Probably not proselyting, but a mission of some sort nonetheless.  A service mission sounds cool or maybe genealogy.  Anyway, that’s a few years off.

You can make fun of the perm if you want. 

scan0006scan0002 Threw this one in so you could see the mood swings my hair went through!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love seeing the moods of your hair. That's awesome. I so admire you for serving a mission.

Vic said...

I will have to remember that term: Mood swings for hair. The pix are great. You look like you've hardly aged.

Laurel Ann (Austenprose) said...

Thank you for the mention and link to my blog Austenprose. Like Catherine Earnshaw in Wuthering Heights, I have a love/hate relationship with Heathcliff. My review was meant tongue-in-cheek, but Bronte fans take their Heathcliff quite seriously and did not see the humor of it. I'm glad to read that you have been inspired to read the novel. Enjoy!

Laurel Ann