Friday, March 7, 2008

You'll never believe what happened to me on the way to prayer meeting!

I still laugh when I think about it!!

In my almost 35 years of living and breathing on this earth, I can't think of any one moment that could be defined as my "most embarrassing moment." That's not to say I haven't done things that others would consider embarrassing, I just don't get embarrassed by them. Call me weird, you wouldn't be the first.

  • I've snorted while laughing
  • I've even had Kool-Aid come out my nose because I started laughing while I was drinking
  • Tripped and fallen in public places
  • Toilet paper stuck to the bottom of my shoe
  • First OB/GYN visit (seriously oooooold guy with cold hands! ugh!)
  • Showering with 80 other women - you gotta love boot camp!
  • Bathroom stalls with no doors - boot camp again!
  • I have to physically get patted down at the airport because my bra's under wire sets off the metal detector. I don't mind though, since it seems to be the only way I can get felt up without having to go see the Bishop!!

I do sometimes feel embarrassed for others. A few years ago I was traveling with a friend in South Carolina and we decided to stop and eat at this seafood restaurant. There was a bit of a wait and a crowd had begun to gather at the front of the restaurant, just inside the door. In this same area were the restrooms, so not only were there tons of people just standing around, but also people coming and going from the restroom. About ten minutes into our wait, an older lady came out of the restroom and walked towards me. Nothing at all amiss, or so it seemed. As she passed me I noticed that she had tucked her skirt into her pantyhose. I quickly took her aside to let her know; all the while thinking to myself, I hope that never happens to me.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I work the Wednesday evening shift at the Temple and need to be there by 5:30pm to attend prayer meeting before the shift starts at 6. Well, this particular day I was running a bit late and was trying to hurry, but after an hour drive to get there from work, I had to use the bathroom something fierce. I got dressed and decided that there was no way I was going to be able to make it another minute, so I high tailed it to the bathroom, did what needed to be done and was on my way to prayer meeting. If you are familiar with the Houston Temple, prayer meeting is held in the room just to the right of the stairs you come up. Well, I was on my way from the dressing room and had just passed the Sister sitting in the chair just outside the chapel when she calls out in a soft, but emphatic voice,"SISTER!" I turn around and this poor sister comes up to me with this horrified look on her face. "Sister, your dress is tucked into your garments." This would definitely be #1 on my list of embarrassing moments...if things like that embarrassed me. Thinking back on it right now only has my co-workers down the hall wondering what's so funny. I'm laughing about it as I type! :D

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

That's so sad and funny at the same time. I hope in time you can laugh about it.

My most recent embarrassing moment was at stake conf. recently. I had not been able to find my slip that morning but thought no big deal. Jim would drop me off at the front door and then pick us up there too. As long as I wasn't in direct sun light no one would know. When conf. was done Jim said he had parked over in the Catholic Church's parking lot and wanted us to just walk to avoid the traffic line. I thouht that if I walked really fast and with my legs together less people would see. Then Jim walked us down Norwalk, down Highland Knolls, and to Westgreen. To make matters worst, I started yelling at Jim for underestimating the distance bringing even more attention to myself. I might as well have left the skirt at home. It was so sunny you could see right through
it! Even my girls were embarrassed for me. Maybe this isn't news to you. Maybe you were one of the thousands that day that saw me. If so, don't tell me.

Naomi said...

hahahahahahhahhahahha LOL. thanks I need that:)

Heather said...

Thanks Jeanette and Dallas... two great moments to cherish and imagine you in. hehehehe! I'm embarrassed all the time so I'm sure you'll catch me in one before long.

Landlocked Shores said...

Oh.... Dallas... *sigh* I can just imagine the poor sister who saw your undies and had to make sure nobody else did!!! I'm so cracking up.... with tears in my eyes..... :D

Blarney Girl said...

Everytime I think about it I laugh so hard I bring tears to my eyes!! It didn't bother me one bit but I can just imagine that poor sister being mortified that she saw my backside! Poor woman's probably scarred for life. Thankfully she works the shift before me so she doesn't have to see me every Wednesday! ROFL